12 January 2009

Book Review....

Mr D. and I headed off to Chapters yesterday to use our gift card, and before I could find the knitting book section, he had 4 novels in his hand! Egads!



I picked up 2-at-a-time Socks by Melissa Morgan-Oakes.


You see Jeanne had this great idea to join, The Personal Sock Club 2009 (rav link) on Ravelry.



You take 12 brown bags, put in a pattern and yarn you already have, close it up, and then you get to pick one every month and knit them up. This way you're knitting with yarn you already have( and you like it, cause it's in your stash), and a pattern of your choice, not someone elses. There's no monthly fee, cause you already have it. So smart.

So I thought I would probably try for 6 pairs, only because I'm usually busy knitting for others.

I'm hoping this book will help. I love the way it's written out, the spiral binding (so it lays flat), and the patterns are pretty nice too. Now all I need is a circular needle long enough.

3 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I saw that book at Michaels... it totally freaked me out

Sue said...

I was just about to order that book as I would really like to learn the process of knitting 2 socks at a time. You will have to tell me if it is easier to knit than on 4 dpns.

Anonymous said...

Let me know what you think of the book, its on my wishlist at amazon. :)