30 December 2006

Knitterly gifts & Christmas all done....

I know it's time to take down the tree when the cat starts nesting in it. They act like they've never seen a tree before. So after a week of hearing the decorations tinking together down it came.
This is the help I got.


It's amazing how no one is around when all the putting away and cleaning up has to be done.

So on to knitterly things. I bought myself a post-holiday gift. A yarn meter! I got some Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn mill ends and unfortunately there is only a total yardage count. So now I can wind it into center-pull balls and label the yardage on the balls. It will also come in handy with the leftovers so I know exactly how many yards I have in all those small balls.
We had quite a laugh over it when I mention to Mr. D that it was a Shakespere model just like his fishing gear. He in turn told me that it was a "line counter for fishing line" and some one made a gadget for it to sit on and called it a yarn counter. I think he should of thought of it first, we could have had quite a little business together.

I was reading Wendy's blog and she had mentioned knitting from your stash for the new year.
The rules are easy and you can change them to suit your own situation.
So grab a button.
I agree, it's high time I started using up all the beautiful yarn in my wool room. I have so many projects lined up that I might have to stop cooking and cleaning to get them done.
So first up I'm finishing Top Secret sweater (which isn't so top secret anymore), I cast off the 808 stitches on the ruffle, first sleeve will be done tonight and the second one will be started.

Second, I will finish my Winter Sunset cardigan, I only have one sleeve left to do on it then cut the front steek and do the bands and collar. How long can that take?
The hard part will be deciding which project to start first.

2 comments:

Sue said...

The Knit from Your Stash sounds like a great idea. Maybe I can do that for the whole year of 2007. I must too finish off a few FO's too, but that is already in my stash so I suppose it does count doesnt it. I love your yarn counter too, just a great idea. I have to agree with the cats in the tree, our kittens thought it was the best thing so I took ours down on the 27th since it was time and I was afraid the kittens would hurth themselves eventually. Happy New Year too.

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Oh I have that yarn counter also. It's a wonderful gadget isn't it? My DH calls me the Gadget Queen ... oh how he knows ... use to be kitchen gadgets & now it's knitting gadgets. But they have their fishing gadgets don't they?

I also know the delima of "which project to start first" ... so I got 3 going at one time, LOL.