12 February 2010

Friday is Dye Day.............

Well, it was another Friday for dyeing up some yarn. Boss Cat came over and we spent the whole afternoon in the basement with the dyepots. We have a new base yarn of 50/50 Merino and Silk we're trying out, and I think I'm in love. Boss Cat may love her Fluffy Cat, but momma cat loves our new Slinky Cat fingering. We're also trying some superwash worsted, so we'll let you know how we like it.
We'll have an update as soon as they're dry and re-skeined, but I think it's going to be hard to put these ones in the shop.

This one is Fat Cat in Lil' Boy Blue. I dyed it for my own personal use. A young friend at work is having her first baby, and I wanted something special. So, I'm going to try and work on some baby stuff in between Julies pullover, because I only have about 8 weeks left.

3 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Take some pictures of the yarn we did!

thrummingalong said...

blue is my favourite colour

Samantha said...

Pretty blues! :) I'm excited about the worsted weight. :)