26 August 2010

My Rowan.....

I finished Rowan's Helena this week.  I really love this pattern, it's the second one I knit for the same little lady.  The first was when she was a baby and now she's 2yrs old and I think it will look awesome on her.

I knit it with our Stray Cat sport yarn and when I first dyed this up, Rowan went right for it and kept saying Rowan, Rowan, so Rowanberry was born. It's very hard to photograph the beautiful undertones of colour, but you can definitely see it up close.
I had the girls for the week, and they certainly kept this old gramma busy, I forgot what it was like to have 2 young ones underfoot.

They're back at home now, and I really miss them, but I think Lady dog misses them more.

We should be back to the dye pots this weekend, we have some new colours to test out, so we'll keep you updated when they will go in the shop.

3 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Ladydog does look lonely, I'll have to bring her a treat. Helena looks awesome

lexa said...

That little sweater is precious!

Jeanne said...

The sweater is beautiful! And I think it's very cute she's attracted to colors like this.