3 July 2009

Moving right along...

I finished my socks just in the nick of time for the Cookie KAL this month. Oh the pressure!
I don't usually do stuff like that but the lure of winning sock yarn was just too much. (not that I need anymore)
Alas, I did not win, but I have another pair of socks.
Pattern: Sunshine by Cookie A.
Yarn: Lorna's Laces 2--50g balls of Sunshine (how appropriate)
Needles: 2.5mm dpns
I did do mods though. I cast on 72 sts and did K2P2 rib which flowed right into the pattern perfectly. I kept the pattern at 72 sts through the whole sock. Cookie's pattern has you cast on 60st, with a K2 P2 K1 P1 rib then increase to 80sts for the cable pattern.
Way too big for me. So keeping to the 72st worked fine, and decreasing at the toe to 32 across the final cable was perfect.
All in all a lovely pattern.
Now I back to Julie's cardigan (see previous post), I'm almost to the armholes, but it's just boring stockinette st. Nothing to see here folks.

4 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

the yarn is much more "golden" once it's knit.... I like the green blog background

Samantha said...

Cute socks! :)

Sue said...

Always a win/win situation when you finish a pair of socks that are a perfect fit. I love the golden color too.

Jeanne said...

Very pretty socks!