27 April 2008

It's done...

Well, I finished the Shannon Pullover last night, after ripping out the collar and redoing it. I definitely found alot of mistakes in the pattern that I don't remember the first time I made this one.
This is the true colour, a beautiful shade of periwinkle. 100% Alpaca, I used approximately 545gms. I think there's about 250 meters per 100gms.

There were too many stitches on the collar, and the pattern said to use the larger needle. That just made it too floppy and looked terrible. So I decreased about 12 stitches and used the smaller needle and now it's perfect.

I put in side vents, a suggestion from the customer, and I really like them. I reversed the pattern on the bottom and the sides of the sleeves, just because I like the reverse better.The cable work was quite easy, but unfortunately the seed stitch panels are lost in the alpaca. I'm sure they would show up in a smoother yarn. Edit to add: I just heard from Leslie and the farm is just moving around the corner. NOT out of business!! Whoo-hoo!!!

4 comments:

Samantha said...

The sweater is beautiful! Hooray for the farm staying in business. :)

Jeanne said...

Gorgeous sweater!

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

It's a beautiful sweater! Looks so cozy warm ... but stylish too. Nice!!

Alisha said...

Another amazing for this sweater. Looks great!