24 April 2008

I'm bad too....

Well, I guess I've been a slacker where blogging is concerned, but I just haven't had much to report on.
I have all the pieces for the Shannon Cardigan blocked and ready to sew together and knit the collar,(which won't take long), but I just haven't been in the mood. I just found out that the farm for which I'm knitting it for, is up for sale and she's selling everything. So I'm not sure if I'll be getting paid or if I've just gained a sweater and a big bag of alpaca yarn.
So I started my first baby knit for a friend, his first grandson. One of my favorites, the Button cardigan from Cabin Fever. It's moving along nicely, and I'm almost at the point where I start the sleeves. Still knitting from my stash.My other project is getting close to finished too. My Tuscany shawl from No Sheep for You. I've just been working on this in the car, and I can't believe how much I've got done on it. Only 2 more pattern repeats left to go. Stash yarn, Whoo-hoo!
And what the hell is with the Knitter's Summer issue. I have been so disappointed with the last couple of years that I won't be renewing my subscription. I've been a loyal patron pretty much from the beginning, but the designs are really lacking. The only patterns I actually got excited about were in the advertising.
Sooooo long Knitter's.

4 comments:

theresa said...

Welcome back. I love that tuscany shawl, the colour is awesome too. I said good bye to Knitter's ages ago - always disappointing.

Anonymous said...

I've been slacking too.
Good knitting and good work with you knittin' up your stash!!

Jenn said...

The baby cardi is gonna be cute, I like the speckles, it reminds me of harry's owl...kind of like your socks. :-)

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

That shawl is going to be absolutely beautiful. Love the color!