15 April 2014

Just when you think it's over......

Mother Nature lets you know who's "boss".  After a couple of very warm spring days, the temperature dropped to below 0C and a small flashback of winter blew in.
So I made myself a hot cup of tea, wrapped up in my Pashmina and spent the morning knitting and watching the giant snowflakes fall.
Now we all know this is not going to last, so I have been thinking of what I love to knit once the warmer air starts blowing in.  You know those lovely lacy shawls you can wrap around your shoulders and sit on the deck on a cool day and just enjoy the sounds of spring.  I have several in my queue on Ravelry.

Elizabeth Shawl by Dee O'Keefe

Northern Summer Shawl by Jo Kelly

or perhaps something simple like
Alina Shawl by Merja Korhonen

Up in the shop today, is our "Spring Shawl Yarns" in Continental Cat.  Each skein is a wonderful 750 yards of light fingering weight 100% Superwash Merino.    We have Johnny Jump Up, Lily Pad, Wild Iris, Gerbera and Bluebell. 
I think I'll get my current sock off the needles and contemplate which colour I would like to knit first.

3 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Excellent dyeing Mamma!

Monika said...

What Valerie said! Lovely colorways. All those shawls are beautiful! I think another good light shawl would be Rock Island, which you already did, and I still have to knit. :o)
We've got about an inch of snow yesterday and it's still cold enough today that it hasn't melted away yet.

Araignee said...

Those colors are like a spring tonic! We don't have snow but we have freezing temps. I have to admit that after a few hot days this past weekend, it felt nice to put on a sweater, a hat and some mitts for the morning dog walk.