15 November 2011

I'm still here

I haven't been much in the mood to blog lately, with work and dyeing yarn and knitting, and Ravelry, my blog seems to get left on the back burner.  So I'll just do a little catch up this week while I've got a few more days off work.
I finished a few projects up, first up my Lacy Edge Cardi that was sitting in a basket with just the lace bands to do.  BossCat finally lit a fire under my butt and I got it done.
I had a small issue with it once I went to block it.  Like several other ravellers the yarn bled so bad I thought I would loose all the tweedy effect of the yarn.


So I persevered and rinsed and rinsed and rinsed, and finally got it blocked and put together.
Wavy Lace Edge Cardigan

I did write to Sirdar and let them know about the yarn, and they told me that sometimes this happens when the yarn is processed.  I'm not sure I trust that because I know about dyeing yarn and yes sometimes you get some bleeding but if it's processed properly and checked and rinsed there should be very little.  I think this batch was missed.  Anyhow they sent my another bag of yarn to replace it. I picked a different colourway and fingers crossed that I don't have the same problem.

No comments: